For the Upsilon 1.1 or Venetus B manuscripts, scholion markers within the Iliad text link passages in the Iliad to scholia. We need to record these after editing the scholia.
Create an index file
- In your repository, please create a directory (folder) named
- In the
scholion-markersdirectory, create a file with a name ending in
Add this heading line to the
Entries in your index file
Each line represents one entry, with four pieces of information.
- The reading of the marker. Use HMT XML markup as you would in your edition. For example, if the marker is a Greek numeral 1, you should record
- A region of interest on an image illustrating the marker and the Iliadic word it is placed over.
- The CTS URN for the scholion this marker links to.
- A CTS URN for the Iliad line that is linked, including a subreference (beginning
@) identifying the word that is marked.
Here is a valid entry:
Breaking out each part:
<num>Θ</num>is the reading (numeric 9)
urn:cite2:hmt:vbbifolio.v1:firstname.lastname@example.org,0.6307,0.03371,0.03202is the image reference (illustrated below)
urn:cts:greekLit:tlg5026.vb:129r_9is the URN for the scholion linked to this passage
urn:cts:greekLit:tlg0012.tlg001.vb:10.1@παρὰis the Iliad passage