- Go to the following link.
- Click ‘Sign up’ in the top right corner.
- Create a username, enter an email address, and create a password. Remember that your collaborators will see your username. Make sure your password is secure, but also something you will remember because you will need to use it frequently during the editing process.
- Selecting a plan: There is no reason to pay for any of the private repository features. Keep the default free plan and select ‘Finish sign up.’
- Adjust settings: If you want to do any setting adjustments, such as notifications, you can access those by clicking on the gear icon at the top right of the screen.
- Logging out: Generally it is a good practice to log out of your account when you’re done working, especially when on a shared computer. You may log out using the door icon at the top right of the screen.
Jump to: Navigation