“Digital reading” does not simply mean displaying a digital document for human readers. It means that a machine can unambiguously parse a text into units with specified semantics.
hmt-textmodel library allows you to do this with the digital editions of the HMT project.
- HMT editions are canonically citable
- digital editions
- diplomatic editions
- The contents of citable passages are analyzed tokens
Working with the HMT text model
Project guidelines explain how to encode our model in TEI XML. We have also implemented our model in a code library, written in Scala, that can parse TEI XML documents following these guidelines. The library is available from JCenter, or may be directly downloaded from bintray, or built from source available from github.
- editorial principles modeled by this library
- how to encode HMT editions used by this library
- API docs for this library
These notes predate release 2.0, and are currently being updated: