An overview CITE Collection Objects
CITE Collection Services define a protocol for identifying ad retrieving digital representations of objects identified by CITE URN.
A fuller discussion of the service will be added here soon; in the meantime, you can read about CITE URNs, and about the CHS Image Extension to Collection Services, as well as the following summary of requests.
CITE Collection requests
Like the other CITE services, CITE Collections services use HTTP for transport protocol, and HTTP parameters to identify requests.
Every CITE Collection request must have a parameter named
request with one of the values listed below. The
GetCapabilities request requires no further parameters, and returns a summary description of all CITE collections available from the service. All other CITE Collection requests require a second parameter named
Currently defined requests
GetCollectionSize returns the number of objects in the collection identified by the
GetObject returns an XML description of the individual object identified by the
For ordered collections, the following requests are also available:
- returns the URN of the first object in an ordered collection
- returns the URN of the last object in an ordered collection
- returns the URN of the object preceding the submitted URN in an ordered collection, or null if this is the first object in the collection
- returns the URN of the object following the submitted URN in an ordered collection, or null if this is the last object in the collection
- returns the URNs of both the preceding and following objects or null as described above
- returns a concatenation of the
- given a URN identifying a Collection, returns a list of URNs for each object in the collection; given a URN identifying an Object, returns a list of version-level URNs for the object