Diplomatic editions of manuscripts of the Iliad
The Homer Multitext project is creating the first complete dipolmatic editions of the text of the Iliad in a series of important manuscripts with scholia. Our aim is to provide a complete reading of the text as it appears in the manuscripts. (For linked editions of the associated scholia from these manuscripts, see this page.)
We are publishing downloadable files (in XML following the Text Encoding Initiative's guidelines), and making the texts available using the Canonical Text Service protocol developed at the Center for Hellenic Studies.
Link to the Canonical Text Services application for the Homer Multitext
Links will be added below as complete editions become available.
- A: Venice, Marcianus Graecus Z.454 (=822). Browse here. (Other texts contained in the Venetus A are available through the CTS Service.)
- B: Venice: Marcianus Graecus Z.453 (=821). Browse here.
- E3: Escorialensis 291 (Υ i.1)
- E4: Escorialensis 509 (Ω i.12)
- T: British Library, Burney 86
- Ge: Genavensis 44